Saturday, November 20, 2010

Is it a fruit or a vegetable?

What is Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie? I honestly can’t remember a single Thanksgiving since I was a child that this traditional favorite hasn’t found it way onto my plate - for breakfast and dessert. Traditional pumpkin pie really doesn’t deserve any tweaking because it is just fine the way it is. But then again, if I didn’t tweak then I just wouldn’t be me. I have included the original that is probably in every mother’s recipe repertoire. And then I have included my spicy version as well. And pumpkin is a fruit! Imagine that! Enjoy!



Traditional Pumpkin Pie (Printable Recipe)

  • 1 – 15 ounce can of pumpkin
  • 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 refrigerated roll out pie crust

Roll out the pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan. Mix all the ingredients and pour into the pie crust. Sprinkle with a dusting of pumpkin pie spice. Bake for 50-60 minutes in a preheated 350oF oven.

Pumpkin Pie with Attitude (Printable Recipe)

  • 1 – 15 ounce can of pumpkin
  • 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 Chipotle peppers in Adobo minced very finely
  • 1 tablespoon Adobo from peppers
  • 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 refrigerated roll out pie crust

Roll out the pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan. Mix all the ingredients except the brown sugar and pour into the pie crust. Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Bake for 50-60 minutes in a preheated 350oF oven.




1 comment:

The Cookworm said...

OK...I know there probably is a rule somewhere that you shouldn't toot your own horn on your blog...but I just can't help it. I just tasted the "Pumpkin Pie with Attitude" that we made for Thanksgiving and it was AWESOME! It might not make it to lunch tomorrow.